Deciding to sell your home is one of the biggest decisions you can make. Many buyers today are looking for homes that are move in ready. If your home is need of some repairs, you may want to make then to ensure that your home doesn’t sit on the market for months. The more appealing your home is to potential buyers the faster you will be able to sell it. Below are some helpful tips that can help you sell your home quickly.
- Hire An Inspector – Hiring an inspector to perform a pre-sale inspection will show you any problem areas that can stop a sale down the road. The inspector will provide you with a list of problems that you may want to fix before listing your home. The inspection will also alert you to problems that a buyer’s inspector may find later, it is better to be proactive and take care of the problems now rather than later when it may cost you a sale.
- Get Estimates – If your inspection shows some problems that may be above your skill level to repair you should get estimates from contractors who can properly fix the problems. If you decide to list your home for sale without making the repairs, the estimates you obtained can help the buyer determine if it is in their budget to make them in addition to purchasing your home. During this time you should also locate instruction manuals, warranties and guarantees for any appliances that you are including in the sale as well as air conditioning units and furnaces.
- Fix The Minor Stuff – If your home is need of some minor repairs that will likely improve the chances of it selling you should make them. It is recommended that you take care of as many minor problems as you can. These can include fixing loose drain pipes, torn screens, doors that stick and leaky faucets.
- Remove The Clutter – You should remove all of the clutter that is commonly found on countertops and tables. You should also empty your closets of items that are not currently in use. By providing buyers with a clutter free home it will be easier for them to imagine their belongings in the home.
- Clean The House – While this may seem like a natural thing to do when selling your home you would be surprised by how many people don’t do it. Presenting a clean house will make a strong first impression that you have taken good care of your home. This should include washing the windows, shampooing carpets and drapes, cleaning the light fixtures and baseboards. You should also clean the floors well and go over all of the appliances.
Buyers like to look at homes that are appealing; by performing some of these steps you will greatly increase the odds of your home selling quickly.